One Pan Herb Roasted Vegetables and Chicken – This recipe is packed with good-for-you ingredients and fresh flavors. Featuring four varieties of root vegetables and chicken roasted to perfection, you’re bound to be satisfied. All of this is done on one pan!
As JoCook’s young padawan, it’s about time for me to post some one-pan/ one-pot recipes! This idea came to me thanks to my friend, Julie. She had messaged me asking for a recipe featuring root vegetables, and making them super tasty. The major benefit of root vegetables is their high dietary fibre and potassium content. Recipes like this are a great way to cut out grains without losing out on the nutrition you need!
This is one of those recipes that you can have on table in less than an hour from start to finish. It’s fantastic for a busy weeknight dinner, or meal-prepping for your week. That is, if it will last more than two days in your home! The flavors ended up being so fantastic that my boyfriend polished off the whole pan in no time at all. I guess I’ll have to double up next time, hey?
I will use fresh herbs whenever humanly possible. They just taste so much better than their dried and bottled counterparts! If dried herbs are more convenient for you, I would cut the amount called for in this recipe by half. Dried herbs are much more compact as the pieces are smaller, and a 1/2 cup will definitely overwhelm the whole meal.
Try this recipe out and let me know what you think! Tag me @messinthe.kitchen on Instagram if you take any shots. I’d love to see what you guys come up with!
One Pan Herb Roasted Vegetables & Chicken
- 4 large carrots
- 3 parsnips
- 1 lb red potatoes
- 1 sweet potato
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup fresh herbs I used thyme, parsley, basil, and oregano
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/4 tsp pepper or to taste
- 4 chicken breasts
- Preheat your oven to 400F.
- Wash your vegetables and cut them into 1/2"-3/4" pieces. Mix the oil, herbs, paprika, nutmeg, salt & pepper together in a bowl. Pour half of the mixture into your vegetables, and the other half over the chicken. Mix everything together well.
- Spread the vegetables evenly on the baking sheet, leaving space to lay the chicken breasts down the middle of the sheet. Bake for 25-30 minutes.
Please keep in mind that nutritional information is an estimate and can vary depending on the ingredients used.
Did you try this recipe? Don't forget to comment and leave a star rating!